– ESSENTIAL OIL 101 –
THE “ESSENTIAL” ESSENTIAL OILS
In this section we will explore the top 10 most versatile essential oils!
You may have already started your EO journey with the Essential Collection, Home Essentials kit or Natural Solutions that contain all the top 10 essential oils. They are Peppermint, Lavender, On Guard, Oregano, Lemon, Ice Blue, Easy Air, DigestZen, Frankincense, Tea Tree & Smart & Sassy.
If you started with choosing your own oils not in the above kits you can still purchase the kits at any time.
- Steam distilled from the leaf of the plant
- 1 drop is equivalent to 28 cups peppermint tea!
- Sourced in USA
Common Peppermint uses:
- Delicious in raw chocolate and bliss balls
- Great for clearing our airways and sinus
- Very cooling for our body, great sometime oil or to support an overheated body
- Refreshing for your mouth and breath, you can drink it in water and it’s also great for keeping your tummy happy!
Use peppermint as your breath freshener. Wipe the bottle on the side of your hand and lick!
- Steam distilled from the flowers and stems
- Contains linalool – a soothing element
- Sourced in France and Bulgaria
Common Lavender uses:
- To soothe bites and stings
- upports restful sleep and relaxation
- Soothing for burns and skin irritations
When you go to bed tonight, put some Lavender in your diffuser or place 1 drop in your hand and inhale before laying down to sleep.
ON GUARD STATS
- Blend of 5 potent essential oils, Clove, Cinnamon, Wild Orange, Rosemary and Eucalyptus
- Perfect oil for keeping the body healthy, strong and protecting from seasonal threats.
- FUN FACT: Clove is the highest antioxidant we have on the planet! Go google “orac value clove” – you will find some very interesting information!
Common On Guard uses:
- Diffuse to cleanse the environment of pathogens
- supports wellness
- Lovely flavouring in cooking
ON GUARD ACTIVITY
MAKE ON GUARD APPLES
What you need:
- Bowl of water (glass, stainless steel, ceramic NO plastic)
- 1 drop of On Guard per apple
How to make it:
Chop up the apple, drop oil in water and agitate then soak the apple for 15 minutes to an hour then eat! Tastes so yummy like apple pie because of the cloves and cinnamon! Also stops the apples from going brown.
- Steam distilled from the leaf
- Very potent and powerful oil, heavily dilute it is a hot oil!
- Sourced from Turkey
Common Oregano uses:
- Add some Oregano to your On Guard to give an extra boost for any really yucky bugs that just won’t go away! This is a really powerful oil and we recommend to be used as a preventive for when there is something nasty going around!
- Put a drop into your spaghetti bolognaise or pizza sauce! Note: Start with ½ to 1 drop – this oil certainly packs a punch!
Make spaghetti bolognaise for dinner tonight and try a little oregano in the sauce, see video for some helpful tips!
- Cold pressed from the rind
- An extremely versatile oil!
- Sourced from Italy
Common Lemon uses:
- Lemon is delicious to add to your water and assists our bodies in returning to a more alkaline state. If you are currently having warm water in the morning with a squeeze of lemon why not add a drop of lemon oil instead (because it comes from the peel you will get the benefits of the whole lemon). It’s a great alternative if lemons are out season or are really expensive! Another great benefit is that it won’t strip your teeth of enamel.
- Add to your chemical free cleaning spray
- Mood uplifter in the diffuser
- Neutralises odours
- Naturally breaks down petrochemicals and removes from the body
There is so much you can do with lemon so try one of these and see the video for tips!
- Make a carpet refresher
- Make a surface cleaner
- Try a drop in some water first thing in the morning
ICE BLUE aka DEEP BLUE STATS
- Blend of 7 powerful oils, Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, Helichrysum and Osmanthus
Common Ice Blue uses:
- Great oil for pre and post workout
- Apply to areas of the body to relieve any discomfort. If you work on a computer and experience shoulder/back pain it’s a great combo to provide relief to that tension.
ICE BLUE ACTIVITY
See the video for the Ice Blue activity! You will need:
- A little mixing dish
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
EASY AIR aka BREATHE STATS
- Refreshing blend that includes 7 essential oils, Laurel, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lemon, Ravensara and Cardamom
Common Easy Air uses:
- Diffuse this oil with Lavender to promote a deep sleep. Easy air helps to open our airways allowing the oxygen to get to our brain so that it can rest deeply with help of lavender!
- Reduce the effects of a snorer!!
- It’s a good one to have around at winter time for any snuffles, it also comes as a vapour stick for easy use and to replace vicks rubs so you get all the benefits without the toxic petroleum jelly crap!
EASY AIR ACTIVITY
Place a drop in your hand and either breathe in through your nose or try a “dobong”!
See the video on how to do this.
- Tummy taming blend made up of 7 essential oils Ginger root, Peppermint, Caraway seed, Coriander seed, Anise seed, Tarragon and Fennel seed
Common DigestZen uses:
- Great oils in it for relaxing the digestive system and helping with its processes
- If you have eaten something and your tummy is not happy – run some of this oil on topically and take a couple of drops in a capsule, relief is usually only 10 minutes away!
- Our daughter Heidi experiences random tummy aches, before we knew about this oil there was nothing we could do but now we rub on some oil and she is happy little girl again!
Try rubbing some diluted DigestZen (in carrier oil) on your tummy first thing in the morning or before meals or under your tongue for any tummy discomfort.
- Sourced from Oman, Somalia and other areas of North Africa
- Steam distilled from the resin
- Known as the ‘King of Oils’ when in doubt get your Frankincense out!
Common Frankincense uses:
- Great for supporting our cells and uplifting your mood when you are feeling flat and nothing is going your way!
- Use topically to beautify your skin!
- Good for nourishing the blood and the brain
- Use with other oils to amplify their properties
Combine Frankincense with Peppermint and Wild Orange in your hand and inhale when you got the 3pm slump going on! It’s excellent energy booster!
And/or try a drop under your tongue or on the roof of your mouth.
TEA TREE aka MELALEUCA STATS
- Sourced from AUSTRALIA!
- Steam distilled from the leaf
- Must have in your first aid kit
Common Tea Tree uses:
- Keeps feet and toenails healthy
- Dries up pimples
- Nourishes any sores or rashes
- Can help to soothe ear discomfort when combined with basil
- Rub on earring before putting them in
TEA TREE ACTIVITY
Create an Ouchie Spray, see the video for instructions.
SMART N SASSY aka SLIM N SASSY STATS
- Blend of 5 excellent body oils, Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint, Ginger, Cinnamon bark
- Aromatically dress in this oil to help support the lymphatic system
- Add to your water to support your gut health and overall body health
- Can help to balance out cravings or invigorate hunger
- Supports your metabolism
SMART N SASSY ACTIVITY
Aromatically dress in this oil or another oil you have and say an affirmation to start your day.